We have an open position for research assistant or engineer to work on software defined 6G testbed in the laboratory of mobile networks – 6Gmobile research lab, Department of Telecommunication Engineering at Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic.
The selected candidate will cooperate with the lab researchers and students on development of our open source software defined testbed (based on OpenAirInterface and O-RAN) and will implement and test new solutions in various areas related to 6G, such as AI/ML, vehicular communication, edge computing, or radio resource management. The selected candidate will also participate on projects with industrial partners.
In case of interest, the selected candidate may also pursue for PhD degree in frame of the activities in the research lab during employment.
The expected gross salary will range between 2500 and 2750 EUR (depending on experience of the candidate), net income is approx. from 2000 to 2200 EUR. Health and social insurances are covered.
The applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Hold M.Sc. degree in Electrical engineering, Computer science, or similar domain
- Proficiency with Linux and networking
- Experience with software defined mobile networks (OAI or srsRAN)
- Knowledge of O-RAN
- Good background in 3GPP mobile networks (RAN and core network)
- Excellent programming skills (C/C++, Python, Java, Matlab, etc.)
- Good writing and communication skills
Interested applicants should send following documents to supervisor assoc. prof. Zdenek Becvar (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter stating qualification and motivation
- Transcript of records
- List of relevant works and activities in the past
- Master thesis or project
- Recommendation letter(s
The applications will be continuously evaluated until the position is filled.
The selected candidate is expected to join the lab in fall or winter 2023 (depending on visa process).