We are a research group engaged in the microwave measurement, design and construct of high-frequency circuits and systems. Our work covers a wide spectrum of the microwave domain from the theory of the calibration-correction methods to complex designs and large microwave measurement systems.
We are interested into research and application in the microwave frequencies. We are also developing microwave systems for wide range of purposes. Our goal is competitive research in the high frequency area and development of modern measurement techniques. We are also focused into the computer simulations of microwave structures and circuits in advanced 3D electromagnetic field simulators (CST Microwave Studio and ANSOFT HFSS) and application of the obtained results in the development of microwave circuits or another precise components for measurement. We are also interested into active radar defence of buildings and vehicles.
What is it good for?
Results of our work impact design of novel or improved measurement methods, integrated circuits or whole measurement systems in the microwave frequency range. Research in the area of measurement technique finds application in characterization of modern transistors, devices and materials in the high frequencies range. Together with development and improvement of measurement methods we also aim to design novel types of active and passive high-frequency circuits. Our work is applicable in industry and not only in the high frequency components but also for precise measurement of distances or thicknesses. Our cooperation with industry includes development of active protection of vehicles and buildings against ballistic missiles.
What are we working on?
- Measurement of extreme impedances (In microwave range using VNA)
- Precise measurement of thickness and distance
- Precise vector measurement in open (planar) structures
- Microwave interferometric measurements
- System for active radar defense of buildings and vehicles
- Modeling and electromagnetic simulations of transistor packages
- Multimode planar structures
- Calibration and corrections methods for microwave measurement
Sponsors of our research
- 2018 - 2020 - Ministry od Industry and Trade ČR - Advanced testing of automotive radars.
- 2016 - 2020 - MARIE SKLODOWSKA-CURIE INNOVATIVE TRAINING NETWORKS - Convergence of Electronics and Photonics Technologies for Enabling Terahertz Applications.
- 2015 - 2017 - TAČR TH - Program na podporu aplikovaného výzkumu a experimentálního vývoje EPSILON "Mikrovlnný měřič tloušťky kovového pásu pro dělicí linky".
- 2014 - 2015 - NBÚ Praha - Výzkum a vývoj metod a postupů měření vložného útlumu filtrů v kmitočtovém pásmu do 10GHz.
- 2013 - 2016 - EMRP RESEARCHER GRANT CONTRACT NO. SIB62-REG1 Researcher Excellence Grant (REG) in reference to JRP: SIB62 HFCircuits.
- 2013 - 2015 - Vojenský výzkumný ústav - Pokročilá aktivní ochana - Pokročilá balistická aktivní ochrana vozidel proti útokům RPG a PTŘS.
- 2005 - 2011 - MSM6840770015 - Výzkum metod a systémů pro měření fyzikálních veličin a zpracování naměřených dat.